Monday, October 18, 2010

Share & Voice: Duluth Community Garden


Image Courtesy of Google Images

Today in class we briefly discussed community gardens, in regards to the movie Fresh we watched in class.  Community gardens are developed to promote healthy communities and provide food security for many low income persons. as well as strengthen community bonds, provide food, and create recreational and therapeutic opportunities for a community. In addition, they can also promote environmental awareness and provide community education. 

LOCATIONS OF DULUTH COMMUNITY GARDENS

Apple Tree Circle
Bertha's
Chester Creek
Cook Home
Emerson
Hannah House
Hillside
Liliput
Riverside
Rooftop
Sixth Street
St. Scholastica
Stony Ground
Strawberry Hill

6 comments:

  1. I knew of one Community Garden in Duluth, but I didn't know there were so many!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really neat! I'd like to go see one someday to really learn what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was always interested to see if we had community gardens in our area. Thanks for posting the information I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of community gardening, I'm really glad we have so many right here in Duluth. I think I've seen quite a few of these and I hope to see more of them popping up around Duluth (after the winter frost of course).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so great! I didn't know that we had even ONE! Thanks for sharing, Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I did not know we had so many local resources.

    ReplyDelete